Are you experiencing “sinus problems” such as facial pain and pressure or difficulty breathing through your nose? You may be suffering from a condition known as sinusitis.
Colorado Sinus Institute located in Denver, now offers a new way of treating sinusitis that may be
right for you. This procedure uses a device called the SinuSys Vent-Os™ Sinus Dilation System.
- Thick yellow or greenish discharge from the nose or down the back of the throat
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- Pain and swelling and pressure around the eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead
- Reduced sense of smell and taste • Cough, Headache, Earache
- Aching in the upper jaw and teeth
- Bad breath
The Vent-Os Dilation System Helps Open Blocked Sinus Passages
The Vent-Os System offers a quick and comfortable way to open blocked sinus passages and help them drain. For most patients, the procedure can be done in the office, with local anesthesia. The procedure takes about an hour, and when it’s over, you may return immediately to your normal daily activities.
How it works
(1) Sinusitis occurs when sinus passages are blocked by swelling or inflammation.
(2) The Vent-Os Sinus Dilation System is a small, capsule-shaped device that your physician temporarily places into the blocked sinus opening.
(3) Once in position, the device absorbs moisture from the sinus passage lining and gradually expands.
(4) The device is then removed, thereby opening the passage and restoring sinus drainage and making easier for you to breathe. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, your doctor may place and remove the capsule device during your sinus surgery in the operating room or as a procedure performed in the office.
Contact Colorado Sinus to see if the Vent-Os System is right for you
If you have questions about the Vent-Os System, or have been scheduled for a treatment, call us at 303-744-1961. We’ll answer your questions and provide you with detailed information about the procedure to help you decide if it might be right for you.